Wednesday 30 January 2013

3:4 Out In The Open

"I don't know where to start, Madi. I know what I want to say, but it all started so many years ago that I can't decide the important bits."
"Calm down, ok?" Madison tried to stop her sister from pacing. She was panicking, and Madison had no idea why, she'd only said she wanted to talk. "I've got all day, start from the beginning?" Taylor took a deep breath, and stopped by the window.
"Madison. What I'm about to tell you, never leaves your lips. Do you understand?" Madison nodded, worried now. "I've never told another soul any of this, I've told dad a tiny bit, and of course, he pushed for more, but I didn't feel comfortable telling him."
"Ok, Taylor, you're scaring me now."

"Do you know who Trisha Robison is? You met her when you weren't much older than Luis, do you remember?" Madison thought for a second, then shook her head. "Well, that's a lot more story I have to tell you, then. Trisha is... Trisha was dads first girlfriend. Before he lived here with Mercedes, he lived in Twinbrook with his parents, two sisters and a brother..."
"Woah! Wait! Dad has family? What happened?" Madison interrupted.
"Madi! I don't know." She thought a minute. "Infact. Dad has never spoken about a family has he? We'll have to ask him about it and see what he says."
"Wait, if dad didn't tell you then how do you know?" There were so many questions rushing through Madisons head right now. Taylor sighed.
"Look, if you stop interrupting me, then maybe I'll explain how I know!" Taylor snapped and Madison nodded, urging her sister on. "Right, so, Trisha was dads old girfriend in Twinbrook. They broke up after he'd lived here for a bit, and then he started dating mum, and you know the rest. Anyway, Trisha, at some point in her life, moved here and turned mum into a fairy..." Madisons eyes grew wider, and Taylor could tell she was dying to ask a question. She waved it off and carried on.

"So, after mum was a fairy, then nobody saw her until I was... 3? When me and dad were going to Mercedes' for dinner. Mum stayed home, pregnant with you. I don't really remember this bit, but dad knew something was weird about her but still didn't know she was a witch and that she'd turned mum. And then when you were about 3, she came to the house, and you were playing with that doll and I think she mentioned something about how it was from her and so mum and dad threw it out. Anyway, dad found out that Trisha was a witch then, because mum exploded in her face and got all crazy at her.

"And then when I was twelve, I snuck out of the house on a full moon, I was only going to play on the rocking horse, but I thought I'd put the paper in the bin first, and she was out there..." Taylor looked like she was about to cry.

"Tay, you can stop if you want." Madison placed a reassuring hand on her sisters shoulder, and hoped she would go on, despite her words.
"No, I need to tell someone. I've kept all this inside for so long, and I need to tell someone." Madison felt privilaged that she was the one her big sister had chosen. "She was outside the front of the house. She must've known I was coming because she was all dressed up and waiting. She acted all nice, and I showed her how I could turn to sprite form, and she acted impressed, but looking back on it she was just manipulating me. Some creatures appeared over the course of our conversation, they must've been her minions. At the time I was scared of them, I remember them as looking like they were dead, but that's probably just my mind adding to the memory." Madison smiled and nodded.

Taylor started tearing up as all the memories came back to her.
"And on prom night, she controled me and..." Madison couldn't make out the rest, she was crying too much.
"Taylor, seriously, you've told me loads, if you wan't to stop then you can."

Taylor took a deep breath a wiped her tears from her eyes.
"No. I'm going to finish this. She controlled me on prom night and made me fight people, and you know when I was really ill after? That was the effects of whatever she did wearing off. I've been worried every full moon night since because I thought she might take control of me again and try to hurt the rest of our family. But last night... When you got back and I went out? I went to her house and confronted her. You remember that vampire in the shop when we were buying the decorations?"
"Vampire?"
"Yeah, the shopkeeper."
"Oh, I thought she looked different. Yeah, I remember, she looked scared of us."
"Yes, I accidentally figured out how to use my powers, and I think I gave her heart burn or something. So anyway, I went to Trishas to try and do the same to her so she'd leave me alone, and I did, and I knocked her out. I don't think witches are a strong as vampires. But now I'm worried. She has to be more powerful than me, and I don't think I have the strength to keep fighting her all my life."

Madison stood there silently, taking all this new information in.

She leaned in close to her sister, as Taylor covered her face to try to stop the tears.
"Taylor. I would do anything to help you. You've done all this to help our family, and not told anyone anything. I would have helped you sooner, but you didn't tell me, so now I'll do anything I can to put a stop to this." She pulled her sister into a hug "I'll never let that bitch hurt my big sister."

_____

After she'd told Madison, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted. The world seemed brighter, the air seemed fresher, and she felt happier in herself. She snuggled her nephew close.
"I did it Luis. I stopped her. You don't have to worry now." She whispered as she kissed his little nose.

"Your auntie Taylor will always be here for you, I promise."

Meanwhile, Madison was clearing up the water in the bathroom. The sink hadn't needed much doing to it, she'd only had to bash the tap with her fist and the water had stopped spraying. She had a lot on her mind. She wanted to go out and meet this Trisha and give her a piece of her mind. Nobody should hurt her sister like that. But Taylor had made her sound very powerful. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to go looking for trouble.



Next ->

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was a huge relief for Taylor to get that all off her chest.
    But, Madi, don't go looking for trouble from that witch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about time Taylor spoke to someone about this. She should have told her dad all this years ago (Lisa would never have stayed calm enough to hear it.), but Madison is there to listen now, and they're close.

      Delete
  2. I am SO glad that Taylor finally told someone! It's about time! Only now I'm worried Madison will go looking for trouble just to stand up for his sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Madison is pretty mature, and since she has a baby to think about, I don't think she'll go out looking for trouble.
      We all know what Trisha is like though, but I'm not sure she'd want to take on Taylor and Madison now she realises they're more powerful than she expected!

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh Madi, I dunno if I'd mess with Trisha either...stay away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, she's a good girl.
      God help Trisha if she puts a foot wrong now though! She'll have two angry fairies after her ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that Taylor has told Madi the whole thing, I just hope the two of them can figure out what to do about Trisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having someone who knows what's going on will help Taylor a lot if Trisha does anything else.

      Delete
  5. Madi, stay out of trouble, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe together they are more powerful than Trisha!

    It had to be such a huge relief to tell Maddie everything. Really, Maddie needed to know about Trisha too. So that she would be on guard.

    ReplyDelete