Monday 7 January 2013

2:13 Madison

Lisa had just got ready for bed when she felt the first contractions. Jackson was trying to improve Taylors baby talk in the kitchen.

"Jack, I think she's coming. Could you call the hospital?" Lisa panted, breathing through a strong contraction. Jackson pulled his phone from his pocket, and dialled the number. There had been an accident at the science facility and they didn't want to admit anyone incase there was still radiation present. They would have to do this at home.

Jackson told his wife the bad news, and began to panic. It was her turn to try and keep him calm. She didn't want Taylor getting scared, it was hard enough giving birth to a baby, she didn't need a screaming toddler too.

Hours later, baby Madison was born. It was immediately obvious that, like her sister, she was a fairy.

Lisa took the new addition to the family to the crib, while Jackson went to get the toddler bed from the car. Mercedes had given them Summers first bed to make things easier. Money was still really tight as Jackson was the only one working, and they couldn't afford a second crib. She thought about how she'd felt when she'd first had Taylor. She'd been so worried that nobody would accept her because she was different, but the town had changed so much now, and it wasn't unusual to see non-humans walking the streets.

She then moved to the hall, where Jackson had set Taylors new bed up. It wouldn't fit in either bedroom, and she'd soon be big enough for the bed in the childrens room anyway.

______



It was mid-morning Saturday, Jackson had only just woken up and could hear Madison gurgling next door. As he held her, he heard the front door open and close.

It was Mercedes, come to entertain Taylor for a few hours while they got her birthday party sorted and Madison settled properly.

Mercedes kept Taylor busy, playing with toys and telling her stories until her parents returned from the shops, hiding a large present behind their backs.

_____

It was Taylors 5th birthday, where had the time gone? Jackson was tiding up the house for her birthday party while she played with her stuffed bunny toy. Lisa had baked a cake and was letting it cool before icing while seeing to Madison. It wouldn't be long before Madison was walking and talking now, and she was going to miss having little girls.

Morning passed quickly and it wasn't long before all the guests arrived. As with other birthdays, they had only invited Lisas' parents and siblings, Mercedes and Summer, who were like Jacksons' family. Mercedes unexpectedly bought along Chris, Summers deadbeat father, and the guests all awkwardly danced around the subject, trying not to offend anyone.

Taylor blew out her candles and hungrily grabbed at the cake. No more baby mush for her!

Meanwhile, Summer took her father outside, wanting a quiet word, but found most of Lisas' siblings outside, including Cortez, who annoyed her by following her everywhere at school, wanting to 'protect' her.
"Chris, nobody wants you here." She started.
"Your mother does."
"She doesn't really. You abandoned us and..."
"That was fifteen years ago, Summer, people change."
"You've not shown anything to prove that. Get out. It's bad enough that I have you in my bloodline, I don't need you around my friends or in any part of my life!" She pushed him away and he glared at her. Cortez got ready to grab him incase he moved back, and Darlene backed off a little, not wanting anything to do with this.
"You can't speak to me like that! Or push me around! I'm your father, you should treat me with respect."
"You earn repect, Christopher. You've done nothing for me except donate the sperm to create me. Not a card on my birthdays, not even a smile of recognition on the street. I don't know what Mum sees in you, you're worthless trash." She stormed inside as she could feel the tears prickling her eyes, and didn't want this man to see her cry.

"I don't know why he's here. He wasn't invited." She sighed and sat in the rocking chair in the girls' bedroom. Jackson had just changed Madisons nappy and was putting her back to bed. "I wish you were my dad, Jack."
"Summer," he gently placed Madison back in the crib, turned to her and sighed. "I honestly feel like I am sort of your father. I've been around since you were born, and you know you're always welcome here if Chris shows up at your house, don't you? You can just get the keys off your mum, and if it's late, you can sleep on the sofa without anyone minding. Sometimes I feel like you're my oldest daughter and Taylors the middle child."
"Thankyou, uncle Jack." Summer smiled and swallowed hard, she could feel the tears still trying to make their appearence. "I'll take you up on that, but I'm hoping it's just another fling and he'll be gone tomorrow."

_____

After everyone had gone, Lisa gave Taylor her present. There had been too much going on earlier and they just hadn't had a chance.
"Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!! I love you mummy!!" She jumped up and down, excited

It was a rocking horse, and Jackson helped her carry it outside. It was too late to play on it now, she started school the next day, so she just stroked it for a few minutes before heading inside to bed.






The science facility 'accident' , I'll be shedding light on this at some point.
Also, my poor sims couldn't really afford a crib, but it's not an optional thing :/ usually by now they're rolling in money, I don't know whats happened but I had to sell the toddler toys to pay the bills!

Also, the whole Summer v Chris thing was an accident. He just showed up at the party and I hadn't planned on using the screenshots until I was writing this up, so I unfortunately didn't have enough to make it flow properly. It was just pretty funny how they glared at each other ourtside and then Summer ran to the rocking chair. I don't know if him and Mercedes are back together, I'll have to do some investigating, but I hope not because I don't like him :( I love how Cortez seems to always be around when Summer is too, I'm half hoping EA SP gets them together because in my mind Cortez has a massive crush on Summer. 

Cortez is the teenage vampire in a hoodie behind Chris (If you don't remember then he's the guy with the ugly sandals, facing Summer, the teen in pretty clothes), Darlene is the woman with blonde pigtails, you can only see about half of her. They are both Lisa's younger siblings. Also, Lisas' father and two of her brothers are vampires, her mother is a werewolf, her sister is a witch and so the only Bunch who's human is Ethan! :|

Bonus shots:
AAAAHHHH!!! She's in labour!!!
 Seriously, Jackson, you're supposed to be the one calming her down!

Lisa crying over a dead plant...



Next ->

13 comments:

  1. I don't blame Summer for having that reaction to Christopher at all. Deadbeat dad deserves no respect!

    Taylor is an adorable child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, waste of space.

      She is isn't she? I was a bit worried, she squinted the intire time as a toddler and I thought she had really thin eyes, but she finally opened them on her birthday ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay for childhood! Jackson is great looking after Summer. Whoever said builogy determined who your dad is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a real dad is just a male who is there for you when you need it, supports you, makes the effort. Blood isn't everything :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to find out what happened at the science facility. I love how sweet Jackson is to Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait, but there are plenty more hints over the next few chapters and you should be able to work it out by then :)

      Delete
  4. SO MUCH BABY GOODNESS. Ah lerv behbehs! This chapter made me melt. :)

    Except for Deadbeat Dad showing up. Doofus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) I do love it when a baby is born in a legacy. It's like a major achievement. Favorite life-stages are teen and young adult though. There's just so much more to do! :)

      I know. Disgusting man. I was on MTS forums the other day, and loads of people were saying how they always marry Christopher Steele, and I was like 'WHY?? He's a deadbeat... Oh, wait... Different game...' ;)

      Delete
  5. Took me a few days---but I read through your legacy. Woot! I love their last name--that was pretty clever! :)

    It was neat to see some SV sims---it is still one of my fav worlds. My first ever sim family had a teen daughter that married Ethan Bunch---he is such a sweetie---and still one of my favs! Out of the Bunch kids, Arlo is the one that is truly frightening and shouldn't breed. lol :P

    Taylor is adorable. I love fairies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :)

      I hadn't played SV for years, I'm a Twinbrook girl myself. I agree though, Arlo Bunch is terrifying! In my game he's also a vampire (the Bunch household seems to be the family EA use to spawn supes when you install SN), but so is his little brother (product of Twallans autonomous risky woohoo), Cortez, and he's pretty creepy!

      I love Fairies too. I hadn't planned to go down this route, and am sort of hoping my heir will have human children so I can go back to humans, but I'm not sure yet. They live for SO LONG!!

      Once again, thanks for taking the time to read :)

      Delete
  6. (oops, put my first comment on the previous post by mistake)

    Welcome Miss Madison!

    Looks like Taylor is a pretty little girl. She's going to give them all sorts of headaches as a fairy teen.

    I wondered about the science facility accident...look forward to hearing more on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so hope that Summer is not back with Chris! He is so lowdown! I hope she keeps him kicked to the curb. I would feel just like Summer does about him!

    It's so sweet of Jackson to tell her that he feels like her father and to let her know that she's welcome at his home at any time, day or night.

    Wow your Sunset Valley was really taken over by supernaturals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackson was adorable telling Summer she was sort of his eldest daughter. He's much more of a father to her than that disgusting Chris.

    ReplyDelete