Monday 31 December 2012

2:6 The Power Of The Moon

It was a full moon in Sunset Valley and strange things were happening.


There was an eerie green glow coming in through the windows as Jackson announced to Mercedes that he was all packed and ready to leave.
"I've said my goodbyes to Summer, it's just you now..." The two friends stopped and smiled at each other. They had been such a huge part of each others lives for four years now, it was sad that they had to part ways.


Mercedes unexpectedly pulled Jackson into a tight hug. He couldn't remember them ever hugging before, but it was nice.
"Take care of yourself, Jack" Her voice was cracking, as if she was going to cry. Jackson took a deep breath to hold back tears of his own.
"I'm only moving a few streets away. You're always welcome at mine, and I will have to come here to take care of you and Summer!" Mercedes laughed.
"Yeah, and you'll be my first call for a babysitter too!" They pulled away from each other and smiled as they remembered all the good times they'd had together. Jackson picked up his bags and said one last goodbye.
"Just go!" Mercedes said, fanning her face to stop the tears "Please!" Jackson silently laughed at her as he left the door.

As he stepped into the cab he took one last look at the old house.
"Goodbye, 58 Waterlily Lane" He muttered to himself as the car pulled off.






It only took a couple of minutes to reach his new house, 60 Maywood Lane, as it really was only a few streets away. As he went up the steps to the front door, he suddenly realised he was living alone. No more crying baby and Mercedes slamming doors. No more Mercedes being loud in general. As he stepped into the house he realised how quiet everything was. He quickly unpacked his small amount of posessions and headed to his first night in bed.


He didn't notice the odd-coloured man peering in the back patio doors...

_____

He was awoken at 6am by a woman at the door. She said she was from city hall and wanted to check he was going to graduation.
"Yes, I'll be there" He snapped. He really wasn't a morning person, and hadn't even realised 6am existed before now.




True to his word, he did attend graduation. He was voted most likely to become president, though he thought it would just be because he was the most popular person in the debate club.

He got home, and again realised how quiet everything seemed. So he called up Lisa.
"Hey chick, do you want to come see the new place? I have something important to tell you too." She said she'd be right over and they hung up. She was still at her parents house which was literally down the road.


He quickly made some salad when she arrived, he hadn't really ever cooked before. Mercedes had always managed to mooch meals off people at the hospital and they had just reheated them before eating.

He decided now was a good a time as ever and got down on one knee.
"Lisa Bunch, will you make me the happiest man alive and become my wife?"
She was shocked, which surprised Jackson a bit. He had wanted to do this while they were in high school, but another couple in their year had got engaged the day after he bought the ring, and he didn't want to look like he was just doing it because it was the 'in thing'.

"Oh my God! Seriously Jackson? Of course I will!" She held her hand out and he slid the ring onto her finger. A perfect fit.

_____ 6 months later _____


It was two weeks before the wedding, and Jackson was heading to bed as he had work the next morning. He had started working an apprenticeship at city hall in the Mayors office. It was what he had moved here for and was happy to finally be doing it.

As he turned off the light in the hallway he heard a banging at the door. It was 11pm, who could this be? He turned the light back on and headed to the door.


It was Lisa. She was sobbing uncontrollably and had huge glittery pink wings.
"Babygirl are you ok?"
"Oh my God, Jack." She tried to contol her tears long enough to explain. "I was at work, at the spa, and some woman came in and wanted a manicure, so I did a manicure and she told me I did it wrong and completely flipped out! She pulled out a wand, of all things, and chanted something and then my back hurt really bad and then..." She broke down again and Jackson pulled her close.
"Babygirl, I love you. I will always love you, no matter what any witch does to you. In thirteen days you will be my bride, or my fairy bride I don't care either way. I love you wings or no wings, forever and always."








Mercedes and Jackson really did never cook. Do you remember the first party they had? Loads of people bought food and they lived off that the entire time!

Lisas' sudden transformation to a fairy was really annoying. I'd just installed Supernatural and I know the game changes NPCs and townies into supes at random, but seriously! She was at my house and suddenly grew wings! I had to rack my brain to find a way to explain it, lol.

Also, I'm not very good at the romantic soppy stuff, so sorry if the last scene is crap.

Next ->

12 comments:

  1. There's setting in SP about the occult ratio in town, I have mine set to 0 so no one gets turned. It also means I have to manually the turn the babies born to occult types into the proper occult type since they get born human.

    Anyway, Lisa being cursed at the salon is a great way to handle the sudden random change. Her wings are pretty and I hope you (and Jackson!) have fun playing with a fairy. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou, I don't have SP anymore because my laptop is too old :( But now it has spawned some of each it shouldn't happen again.

      It was the first taste of the expansion I had, because I decided to play a bit of this save before creating some supes in a different one to see what interactions were different for humans, and had I known how long fairies lived for I would have changed her back to a human immediately, but I didn't realise until yesterday, and I'm so far ahead in my game I'd have to have re-done a lot, deleted children, made people younger etc, so it's not worth it anymore.

      I like her wings too, her favorite colour is pink, and she's quite girly so I edited the neon-green bee wings the gave gave her. And the good thing about the curse is, if I ever run out of ideas, I can just make an evil witch appear and it wouldn't be totally random ;)

      Delete
  2. How annoying for you to have Lisa suddenly be turned into a fairy, but you managed to work it into your story wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I think I might dwell on the whole curse thing in more detail at somepoint, it's got a better reaction than I thought it would (2 whole people like it!! :p)

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Curses! The perfect explanation for when the game does something weird and unexpected. ^^

    Seriously, though, I am hoping we find out a bit more about this mysterious witch and her exacting standards for her nail care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree ;)

      Maybe the mysterious witch is already being written into it however many chapters ahead I am... Maybe not... Who knows? ;p

      Delete
  4. I feel left out. I've never noticed any of my townies turning to supes. Maybe my SP is set close to 0, cuz I know it's not at 0 since I don't have to change newborns. hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd literally just got Supernatural at this point, so it changed random sims to supes so I'd have a supe population.
      You'll probably never read this, haha! I'll try and remember to tell you on a different comment :p

      Delete
  5. Slowly making my way through...I can't believe Mercedes got pregnant. And just when I was starting to like her, Jackson moved out.

    Way too funny about Lisa turning in to a fairy! :D I can't wait to see them all married!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She makes a pretty cute looking fairy, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't mean for her to be a fairy? That's so funny! She's a pretty fairy though and I'm glad you worked it into the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how you explained Lisa's turning into a fairy, even if you didn't mean for her to become one. She's cute with her wings, btw :-).

    ReplyDelete